Sunday, March 7, 2010

Surf City Report

Better late than never I guess. The HB Surf City race day was a good day. Kristen ran the Half in 1:34:08 and I ran my first Half in 2:04. When I first started training for it I hoped for just under 2 hours. As time went on I didn't get to train as hard as I initially wanted to. I also got a little lazy to be honest. So on race I just went out there with the goal of coming in as close to 2 hours as I could. I was surprised and excited to come in right around when I wanted. Maybe next time I won't be so lazy during the training. The thing about this race (which Kristen and I are both Legacy Long Board members now because we've run it 3 years in a row) is that it's kinda boring. You run up PCH and at around 3 miles in you go uphill, make a loop and then come back down and then continue up and back on PCH which at that point is constantly rolling which gets kinda annoying. Still, it's a good course for putting up good times. Maybe I can PR there next year. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment