Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back attack


I'm racing my first 10k in 2 1/2 weeks so I've started a new training routine for it. Today was an "easy run" and since I didn't get to lift yesterday, I did (or attempted to) a back and bicep routine after the run. Pullups: check. Deadlifts: che-- wait, not so fast. Two sets in my adductors cramped up like crazy. I thought I'd just given birth...to an accountant! Hiyo. This has happened to me before doing squats. I don't know why. I wasn't doing really heavy weight because I want to be able to run my 5k race this weekend and not waddle through it. Anyway, I moved onto 1 arm rows which went fine, but two sets into barbell shrugs the left middle muscle group of my back cramped up on me. What the hell? No biceps for me today. I feel fine now, slight stiffness, but not pain. Luckily. At least I got my run out of the way. I think it's the same thing that happened to my ankle the other day while trail running. My body was just telling me to chill out. I hate it when it does that. So the lesson for the day, listen to your body. When it cramps up it's telling you that it wants a beer and the new season of Breaking Bad to start. Seriously. If you haven't seen that show you're missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment