Friday, March 13, 2009

Long drought

I just ran for the first time since last Sunday (it's Saturday morning here in Japan) on a dreadmill on the 31st floor of a hotel overlooking Tokyo. Man it feels gooood to run after so long. I just sweat out all the crap that's building in my system for the past week. I know I am officially addicted on running now since all I could talk about was how I was looking forward to running when we got to the hotel. Everybody I'm traveling with looked at me like I was crazy. Since getting here I've stayed in four hotels (with one more tomorrow) and it's been planes, trains and automobiles and shoots from morning till night and today our call time was late enough I could get in a good 5 mile tempo run. Ahhh, normally I hate tempo runs, but this was nice. Anyway, the shoots are going great and I just saw that the convenience store in the hotel sells bottles of wine with screw caps so I guess I know what I'm doing tonight!

2 comments:

  1. I say grab a point + shoot, step outside and get a proper tour of the city!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that, but I didn't really bring any cold weather running gear and it was really windy and rainy so I just didn't want to push myself through that considering the rest of the shoots I had to do. But trust me, Yoyogi Park is right outside my window and I just drooled at the chance to run through it. Maybe in September.

    ReplyDelete